Friday, November 30, 2012

Thirty Days of Thanks

You're all familiar with this.  It's usually a Facebook thing, but I found it a great exercise so I decided to share it on here, too.

Day 1: Kicking off Thankful November!! I'm thankful that I didn't have ice on my windshield this morning, even though I had to be at work early, I had a lovely sunrise to see, my husband had lunch with me, I had wonderful birthday wishes from my sweet friends and family (that's y'all!), I got to go out with my great coworkers tonight, my dear friend Danielle is visiting tomorrow! It's been a wonderful birthday and a wonderful start to the beginning of the month! Love to you all!!!
 
Day 2: As I do laundry and clean the apartment, I am so thankful to have clothes, furniture and a home to care for. AND that I have a dear friend visiting today giving me a reason to clean!!!
 
Day 3: I'm so very thankful for my alma mater, Baylor University. I'm thankful for all I learned there, the wonderful people I met there, and the amazing memories I made there. I wish I could be at Homecoming, but it's still great to watch Baylor winning, even in IL!
 
Day 4: I am thankful that I am exhausted from my full time job. Even though I closed tonight and I open tomorrow, I'm thankful to be making money, have health benefits and getting management experience!
 
Day 5: Thankful that we have a wide variety of not only edible, but healthy and delicious food and drinks readily available. Something so many don't have.

Day 6: I'm thankful I live in a country where we can exercise our right to voice our opinions, disagree, and feel safe doing so. Thank you ,Jesus.

 
Day 7: I'm thankful for the gift of music and my husband's ability to play guitar. Lovely.
 
Day 8: I'm thankful that I am healthy and able-bodied. Just walking, let alone being able to run and work out, is a blessing I often take for granted. 

Day 9: I'm thankful I have a safe, dependable mode of transportation. So grateful for this luxury I also often take for granted.


Day 10: I'm thankful for the freedom to attend a place of worship with other believers and praise my God as I see fit.

Day 11: I'm thankful for the brave men and women who served in the US military so that I could have that freedom.  Happy Veterans Day!

 
Day 14: I am thankful for Baylor theatre. What an amazingly talented group of people and wonderful friends. I miss it every day.

Day 15: I am thankful for my education in general. I have been blessed to go to an excellent high school and college that helped me tap into my potential.

Day 16: I am thankful for luxuries like heat, ac, running water, and electricity. We expect those things but how different life is when we don't have them. I am so blessed!
 
Day 17: I'm thankful for my wonderful, sweet, intelligent, supportive husband.  And I'm especially grateful he asked me out 5 years ago.

Day 18: I'm thankful for the great state of Texas and I'm so glad to be home.


Day 19: I'm thankful for my warm, loving, silly and generous in-laws who have welcomed me into their home these last 5 years.


Day 20: I'm thankful for my wonderful, generous grandfather and everything he does and has done for me.

 
Day 21: I am thankful for my mom who is kind, intelligent, strong, independent, and one heck of a cook. I got her eyes, her determined spirit, and her work ethic.

Day 22: I am thankful for my dad who is loving, silly, generous, compassionate and has never met a stranger. I got his legs, his appetite and his sense of humor.


Day 23: I am thankful for my sweet munchkin/baby sister Hannah and my precious niece she has given me.  I am so proud of her and cannot wait to see all that she accomplishes!

 
Day 24: I am thankful for my middle sister Jen, and her beautiful family.  I love getting to watch her sweet kids grow up, even if it is from across the country.
 
Day 25: I am thankful for my brother Josh and my oldest nephew.  They are two fantastic guys, and I miss them all the time.
 
Day 26:  I am thankful for my oldest sister Holly and her beautiful boys. All of my nieces and nephews are growing up into such amazing kids and I am so proud of how my siblings are raising them!
 
Day 27: I am thankful to have gotten to travel and see this awesome world we live in.  I am lucky to have been lots of places, and I hope to go see many more!
 
Day 28: I am thankful for the people who serve our communities every day like my brother-in-law Ricky the firefighter, my sister-in-law Morgan the nurse, and my sister-in-law Katelyn, the future teacher.  They are true life-savers and life-changers, and I am so grateful for their service!
 
Day 29: I am thankful for the courageous freedom seekers who traveled to this country centuries ago and braved adversity to start a new life, some of whom are my ancestors.  I am also thankful for the Native American tribes who helped those settlers survive, some of whom are also my ancestors.

Day 30: I am thankful for the holiday season which gives us a chance to reflect on all of our blessings, visit our loved ones, and remember the important things that make this life so rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment